This post has been sitting in my drafts for over a month – sorry!
Many times I’m asked what our studies look like. Want to take a peek?
20th Century study – PIPEline link: Me and My House – Focus: The Gates of Hell Will Not Prevail
Term 1 – Turn of the Century
1. Christianity Attacked from Without
- Topics: Boxer Rebellion, China, Jonathan Goforth
- Topics: Wright Brothers, Titanic, Panama Canal
- Optional activity: 1915 World’s Fair
3. Christianity Attacked from Within
- Topics: Liberalism, Social Gospel
4. Progressivism in Government
- Topics: Progressive Presidents, TR, Progressive Amendments
5. Progressivism in Education and the Arts
- Topics: John Dewey, Modern-Abstract Art/Picasso
- Topic: World War I
Science topics throughout term: Aerodynamics, Canal locks, Yellow Fever/Malaria
Artists throughout: Illustrators – N.C. Wyeth, Beatrix Potter
Literature throughout (choice): Beatrix Potter, Freckles, Anne of Green Gables, Hans Brinker, Frances Hodgeson Burnett
Booklists for another day – or another section. Watch our HisStory Resources & Recommendations for book links for the “Me & My House” PIPEline link.