These super yummy cookies are considered “raw”. They are dehydrated at low temp, rather than baked, to retain all their nutrition goodness.
If you follow a high raw lifestyle of eating, or if you just want to increase your intake of yummy Good for You-Naturally! foods for better health, give them a try.
Lisa’s (Raw) Maple Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
2 cups whole oat groats (organic)
3/4 cup pure maple syrup (organic)
2 Tbl. raw EV Coconut Oil (organic) (melted or not)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg, optional
1/4 tsp. ground allspice, optional
1 cap/tsp. vanilla
1 cup organic raisins
1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts, optional (organic)
- Soak oat groats in more than double the amount of pure water (4+ cups), overnight.
- Drain well.
- Process oat groats and maple syrup in food processor (or Blend in blender) until semi-smooth.
- Mix in coconut oil, spices, vanilla and raisins (and nuts.)
- Drop by spoonful on dehydrator solid tray and flatten.
- Dehydrate overnight at 105°.
- Turn over onto mesh screen and dry a few more hours until desired chewiness.
These are awesome cookies that taste like “regular” oatmeal raisin cookies (and look like them too, just not “browned”.)
You can use raw honey or pitted soft dates (or raw agave nectar), if you prefer, but the maple syrup gives a GREAT taste to these.
I usually add just cinnamon to my oatmeal cookies, but these other spices added a bit different flavor that is good too.
If you don’t have a dehydrator yet, click here to see what to look for when buying a dehydrator and the ones we recommend.
from my Good for You-Naturally! for Life online course