8 Keys to Good Health
Unlocking a Healthier You
Genesis 1:29 ~ “And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food.”
8 is the number of new beginnings–and I believe these 8 Keys can help give you a new beginning in health. Below is an outline of 8 Keys to Health.
1. Fresh Air: at least 1/2 hour a day outside, deep breathing exercises, window cracked open at night.
2. Pure Water: the way God does it–Distilled. Use distilled or Reverse Osmosis purification for all drinking water and food preparation. In addition to being totally pure, distilled water carries toxins out better than any other. Use a water filter on your shower too.
3. Living Food: G.O.D. foods (God’s Original Diet) consist of 4 Food Groups–raw fruits, raw vegetables, raw nuts, raw seeds. This is both the Eden and the New Jerusalem food source. This is the only source of alkaline for our bodies. All other foods, drugs, stress, etc. pull our bodies acid; producing aging, sickness, and death.
Nothing else provides enzymes, the life source that activates all other nutrients and physical components of the body. “Every breathe you take, every move you make, every thought you think and every action you take requires enzymes.” Man cannot understand how enzymes work let alone reproduce them. Only God can create Life. “If you ingest pure wholesome unadulterated foodstuffs in their raw state you will soon know the benefits of a body that produces unbounded energy, properly eliminate toxins, and properly signals you when you have put in something which it deems poisonous or unusable.” Sample Optimal Menu
4. Vigorous Exercise: pumps lymph which feeds and cleanses man’s cells, increases immune system, keeps cells, and the organs and tissues made from them, from atrophying. Rebound exercise (mini-trampoline) is best. 3-4 times a day 5-10 min. each time. Next best is fast walking 1-5 miles a day in good walking shoes. More Info.
5. Abundant Sunshine: at least 1/2 hour per day outside, no sunscreen, gradually build up a tan.
6. Peaceful Rest: needed by the body for cleansing, recharging, repairing and rebuilding. The body makes 2/3 of its energy and elimates toxins while we sleep. The body goes through 3 cycles daily: digestion–approx. noon-8 pm, when the body digests the food put in it; assimilation–8 pm – 4 am when the body assimulates the nutrients out of the foods we ate; detoxing–4 am – noon when the body rids itself of the toxins it has ingested and wastes it produced. Exercise before resting and quiet and fresh air help us to rest. 7-9 hours per night are needed. We need to dream for our emotional health. Stimulants, drugs, and meds keep us from properly dreaming. We also need one day a week rest from our work and our pleasure, set aside as holy to the Lord Yahweh.
7. Merry Heart: Pro. 17:22-23 Attitude is the most important aspect of health, because it will dictate what you eat and do. Stimulants (coffee, sugar, chocolate, soft drinks, constant snacking), drugs (alcohol and tobacco), meds, TV, negative music, being around/listening to negative people cause negative emotions and thoughts. Poor health creates a vicious cycle with negative emotions. (Obviously not the only causes of negative emotions, but definitely a cyclical one.)
There are 6 primary negative emotions. Each affects a different organ of the body, locking toxins in to contribute to specific diseases related to that organ. The attitudes and organs are: Anger/thyroid, parathyroid; Fear/thymus; Grief/pancreas, adrenal; Apathy/spleen; Rebellion/gonads; Selfish Pride/Self-will is the root attitude that leads to all the others when faced with a source of irritation. We need to shun negative input by avoiding stimulants, drugs, and negative mental input and instead face irritations with an attitude of gratitude and faith. 1 Thes. 5:16-18, Rom. 8:28, Luke 18:27, Phil. 4:7-8. We need to engraft the Word into our very beings by reading, memorizing, meditating on, and personalizing it. Ps. 1:2
8. Prayerful Fasting: Is. 58:6 Habits and/or addictions determine our health or lack of it. Fasting, through its denial of the flesh, brings the body into submission to the spirit. 1 Cor. 9:27, Gal. 5:16. Fasting breaks bondages/addictions and heals both physical and mental diseases. The body uses times of fasting to catch up on detoxifing the body of the overload of toxic and waste matter in it, and utilizes the energy saved from not having to digest food for healing.
A pure fast is water only. Use distilled, at least 1 gal. per day. A healing fast utilizes fresh raw fruit and vegetable juices, less than 1/2 gal. per day with the remainder of 1 gal. total liquid made up of distilled water. To prepare for a 3+ day fast we need to eat only raw fruits and vegetables for 2-3 days before and 2-3 days after the fast. Other less restrictive ways of “denying the flesh” are: A “Daniel fast” which is vegetables and water. This is sometimes translated sprouts, or pulse (dried peas). Some take this to include fruits, generally eating raw fruits and vegetables, but some also include cooked grains or legumes (all in their natural state, besides being cooked, with no additives). An “Ezekiel fast” is a bread consisting of various grains and legumes and water. Anyone can deny the flesh by eliminating harmful deceptive foods such as meat, dairy, and processed foods without harming the body, only bringing it health, but a Gen. 1:29 eating lifestyle is not a “fast”.
The Keyring that holds all 8 together is Connection to God through Faith and Prayer. The 8 Keys are natural law. They work for anyone. Christians also seek healing through faith in Jesus Christ, by prayer and anointing. God will heal us even when we caused the problem but He wants us to repent, change our ways, and “go and sin no more” so that “nothing worse comes upon us.” He wants to raise up His people into His Mighty Army accomplishing all that He created them to do. 1 Thes. 5:23