On these great chilly fall days nothing beats a pot of homemade Chili Non-Carne and a pan of Good for You-Naturally! Corn Bread with honey butter, to warm the tummy. But be sure to include plenty of raw veggies with it to get your optimal nutrition. I shared this menu in my Today’s Menu this week, and since I’ve already posted my Chili recipe, I figured I’d complete the meal by posting my Corn Bread recipe today.
Lisa’s Good for You-Naturally! Corn Bread
- 1 c. whole corn meal/flour (freshly ground organic)
- 1 c. whole wheat flour (freshly ground organic)
- dash unrefined salt (Real®, himalayan, celtic)
- 2 tsp. non-aluminum containing baking powder (Rumford’s)
In a separate bowl, mix together:
- 1 farm fresh egg (from free ranging organically fed chickens)
- 2 Tbl. raw organic coconut oil (melted) (or extra virgin organic live oil)
- 1 Tbl. raw honey
- 1 c. not-milk
Combine the contents of both bowls, mixing lightly.
Pour into greased 8″ cake pan or muffin pan – or preferably a greased cast iron skillet.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes for pan bread, 10-12 minutes for muffins.
Makes 10-12 (so obviously, we double or triple.) 🙂
- 1 stick softened, real unsalted butter (preferably organic)
- 1/4 c. raw honey
For Life & Health –
For Me and My House ~ At Jesus’ feet,
Lisa @ Me and My House ~ Discipleship for Life!
Order Christian & Home Ed Resources here
Get future posts to this blog by email: