As per request, here is my favorite granola recipe. Get this and over 60 other Good for You-Naturally!™ family-friendly, easy to make, budget conscious recipes in Good for You-Naturally! Weekly Menu & Recipes – Level 1. See demos of many of these recipes – and TASTE them too, at the Good for You-Naturally!™ Seminar LIVE!
Good for You-Naturally!™ Maple-Almond Granola
- 1 cup pitted Dates
- 1/2 cup Purified Water
- 1/4 cup Real Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Raw Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. pure Maple Flavoring (or organic Vanilla)
- 1 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- 8 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cups dried, shredded Coconut
• Blend (or process in food processor) Dates, Water, Maple Syrup and Coconut Oil until smooth. (Add a little more water if you need to, to keep it blending. Medjool Dates will blend creamier than drier dates, like Deglet Noors.) Stop and scrape down the sides as needed. (Food Processor actually works better if you have one. But, add the water a little at a time, or it may splash out at the beginning.)
• Chop Almonds. (If you have a food processor, you can add them to your Date mix, after processing it, and process again until nuts are small chunks.)
• Blend or mix in Maple Flavoring/Vanilla and Almonds.
• Stir Oats and Coconut together in a large bowl.
• Mix Date mix into Oats and Coconut, with hands is easiest.
• Crumble onto solid sheets for dehydrator (or cookie sheets if you don’t have a dehydrator).
• Dehydrate at 105-110° overnight (or so, until dry) for raw granola. If you don’t have a dehydrator, dry in oven at lowest temperature, 45 min. to a couple hours, until dry. (This will depend on what your oven’s lowest temp is.) Stirring every 10-15 minutes.
• Cool and break into clumps.
• Store in air tight container.
• Serve with Raw Almond or Goatʼs Milk
This is just one of the over 60 Recipes in Good for You-Naturally! Weekly Menu & Recipes ~ Level 1, a family-friendly menu plan and recipes to help you gently transition to a lifestyle of eating for your health. It also includes and shopping guide for real foods and so much more!